4-H CLUB SHOW
"Learn to Do By Doing"
4-H is a community organization for young people 9 to 21 years of age before January 1st. The primary purpose of the 4-H program is the development of youth in Ontario. Members will be encouraged to develop their self-confidence and leadership skills while having fun.
Grenville County President: David Massey
Secretary/Treasurer: Sharon Halpenny
Grenville County 4-H Achievement Day: Friday September 8th, 2017
Registration at 8 AM and Show starts at 9 AM
Open to 2017 Grenville 4-H members who are in good standing and have completed all club requirements. All members must adhere to Grenville County 4-H Policies and Procedures and 4-H Ontario code of conduct.
All prize money in EACH SECTION of this CLASS will be DOUBLED for 2017 due to the generosity of an Anonymous Donor.
PRIZES: Conformation Classes Prize Money:
1st: $12; 2nd: $10; 3rd: $8
Showmanship Classes Prize Money:
1st: $12; 2nd: $10; 3rd: $8
ALL AGES AS OF JANUARY 1st OF THE CALENDAR YEAR
4-H Rosette Ribbons for Grand Champion and Reserve Champion and Honorable Mention Champion Showpersons and Overall Grand Champion Showperson
- Junior Heifer: March 1, 2017 and younger
- Intermediate Heifer: December 1, 2016– February 28, 2017
- Senior Heifer: September 1, 2016– November 30, 2017
- Summer Yearling: June 1, 2016 – August 31, 2017
- Junior Yearling: March 1, 2016 – May 31, 2017
- Heifer Calf: January 1, 2017 – March 31, 2017
- Junior Yearling: April 1, 2016 – December 31, 2016
- Senior Yearling: January 1, 2016 – March 31, 2016
- Market Lambs
- Replacement Ewes
- Female Kids
- Female Yearlings
- Mature Does
Showmanship Class: All Livestock
- Novice 4-H Members Age 9 - 11 years
- Junior 4-H Members Age 12 - 14 years
- Intermediate 4-H Members Age 15 - 17 years
- Senior 4-H Members Age 18 - 21 years
GRAND CHAMPION SHOWPERSON | RESERVE CHAMPION SHOWPERSON
GRENVILLE 4-H BEEF CLUB: Club Leaders: Dave & Janice Massey, Paul Ferguson, Jennifer Wertwyn, Denise Kelly, and Barb Maitland.
GRENVILLE 4-H DAIRY CALF CLUB: Club Leaders: Zachary Bennett, Deborah Brown, Hal Halpenny, Sharon Halpenny, April Sloan, and Randy Sequin.
GRENVILLE 4-H SHEEP CLUB: Club Leaders: Zachary Bennett and Kelly Durant.
GRENVILLE 4-H DAIRY GOAT CLUB: Club Leaders: Ed Cavanagh, Dawn Latourell, and Koren Manneck.
GRENVILLE 4-H FIELD CROPS CLUB: Local Leader: Harry Bennett and Alex Wynands
Field Crop Classes Open to field crop club members only
Prizes 1st: $10; 2nd: $8; 3rd: $6
- 1. 1 st Cut Dry Hay - 85% or more legume (2 flakes)
- 2. 1 st Cut Dry Hay - legume and grass 70%/30% either way (2 flakes)
- 3. 2 nd Cut Dry Hay - 85% or more legume (2 flakes)
- 4. 2 nd Cut Dry Hay - mixed legume and grass 70%/30% either way (2 flakes)
- 5. Wheat - Spring or Fall (5 lbs)
- 6. Barley (5 lbs)
- 7. Soybeans - 2016 crop (5lbs)
- 8. 10 ears of Corn (displayed in tray and variety named)
- 9. Five Stalks Corn for Silage from Project Field
Grenville Educational Exhibit Competition (Display Boards)
PRIZES: 1st: $25; 2nd: $20; 3rd: $15;
Information for Exhibitors:
- Open to any 4-H Club in Grenville County that has formed since September 2016 to present
- All exhibits must be Club Exhibits and must include the name of the exhibit and the name of the club and include the Canadian 4-H emblem anywhere on the front of the exhibit.
- Club members will prepare and place the exhibits under the direction of club leaders
- Approximately 1.5 meters of table space will be allowed for each club exhibit
- Exhibits and entries must be placed in the hall no later than 10:00 am Thursday September 7th, 2017
- Prize money will only be paid to worthy entries
- Please see General Rules and Regulations
Project Competitions (Individual)
PRIZES: 1st: $5; 2nd: $4; 3rd: $3 - all worthy entries receive prize money
Members from any of the 4-H clubs formed since September of the previous year may enter.
Members from any of the 4-H clubs formed since September 2015 may enter
Junior 4-H Members 9 - 14 years
Senior 4-H Members 15 - 21 years
All entries must be the original work of the 4-H Member.
- 1. A Bristol board sized poster (22" x 28") on any topic relating to a project taken in the past year (livestock or life skills). Only one poster per project completed.
- 2. Member's name and age as of January 1 st MUST be written on back of poster.
- 3. All posters MUST include the Canadian 4-H emblem and have a title.
- 4. A "Me" poster must include a collection of photos/pictures and a TYPEWRITTEN one page (8 ½ x 11") article telling about yourself.
- 5. Poster of Photography must include a collection of 8 - 10 photos of "YOUR CLUB IN ACTION" mounted and labelled.
- 1. An object made or a display, on any topic relating to a completed project.
- 2. A project book related to any 4-H project completed during the club year. — NOTE: A project book is a standard size 1" binder or duotang.
- 3. Baking products are to be displayed on a small disposable plate or inserted in a zip top plastic bag. Recipe included on a small recipe card and attached to all baking products.
For further information, contact your club leader.
Suitable posters and exhibits will be taken to Regional Competition where they fit the criteria stipulated by the Regional Championship Show Committee by a 4-H Leader.