Arts & Crafts
Class 78 to 81
Committee: Vicki Cameron 613-258-3145
Information for Exhibitors:
- Please read General Rules and Regulations
- All Exhibitors are required to register under their own name, not the name of their business or farm. Such entries will be disqualified for judging.
- Items to exhibit must be brought in between 6 pm & 9 pm Wednesday night September 6th or Thursday morning September 7th between 8am and 10am.
- Doors will close at 10:00 for judging
- No exhibits to be removed from exhibit building before 4:30 pm Sunday
- Items may be picked up on Sunday afternoon, September 10th after 4:30pm.
- Exhibit hall will be closed at 4:00pm on Sunday for preparing to pickup exhibits at 4:30pm.
- Entry fee 20% off prize money
- Entries must be the work of the exhibitor and not the work of someone else and not be more than three years old.
- Exhibitors may enter one exhibit per section and this piece cannot be exhibited again in subsequent years in any section.
- Exhibitors should cover the signature on the work with painter's tape or other opaque substance that will not harm the work.
- Open to Amateur Hobbyist Only. An Amateur is defined as: the artist considers himself/herself an amateur; the artist is considered an amateur by his/her peers; and the artist does not sell his/her work as a primary source of income
All prize money in EACH SECTION of this CLASS will be DOUBLED for the years 2015, 2016 and 2017 due to the generosity of an Anonymous Donor. Prize money may or may not decrease in 2018.
Prizes: Class 78 - 81: 1st: $10; 2nd: $6; 3rd: $5
Most Points in Classes 78 to 81: Rosette
Best in Show Classes 78 to 81: Rosette
Class 78 [Painting] Sections:
Painting must be mounted and framed. Paintings larger than 16 x 20 can be unframed if the edges are prepared for exhibit. Paintings should be signed, dated and not more than three years old. Paintings must be two-dimensional. No paintings on three dimensional objects. No revised work. Place the entry tag (fair ticket) on the top left or top right of the frame.
- 1. Oil or Acrylic: Landscape or Seascape
- 2. Oil or Acrylic:: Any Subject
- 3. Watercolour: Landscape or Seascape
- 4. Watercolour:: Any Subject
- 5. Any Media: Landscape or Seascape
- 6. Any Media: Portrait or Human Figure
- 7. Any Media:: Natural World
- 8. Any Media: Fantasy World
- 9. Any Media: Abstract
- 10. Any Media: Any Subject
Class 79 [Drawing] Sections:
Drawings must be mounted and framed or otherwise prepared for handing. Drawings should be signed, dated and not more than three years old. Place the entry tag (fair ticket) on the top left or top right of the frame.
- 1. Black and White: Landscape or Urban Sketching
- 2. Black and White: Still Life
- 3. Black and White: Any Subject
- 4. Colour: Landscape or Urban Sketching
- 5. Colour: Still Life
- 6. Colour: Any Subject
- 7. Colour or Black and White: Portrait
- 8. Colour or Black and White: Natural World
- 9. Colour or Black and White: Fantasy
Class 80 [Photography] Sections:
• Open to Amateur Hobbyist Only
• Entrant must be the one who created the entry.
Section 1 - 3: Collections
Collections must be mounted on Mat Board, Foamcore or similar stiff board (not Bristol Board). Size should be a minimum of 16 x 20 inches up to a maximum of 22 x 26 inches. Collections need to be titled. Overall presentation is judged, along with labeling, connecting theme and individual photo quality. Collections must have a minimum of 5 photographs and a maximum of 9.
- 1. Photography Collection: Scenery
- 2. Photography Collection: Animals
- 3. Photography Collection: Any Subject
Sections 4 - 15: Enlargements
Enlargements must be framed for hanging. The actual photographs must be a minimum size of 5 x 7 and a maximum size of 11 x 14 inches. Although the frame should complement the photograph, we understand framing can be expensive. Thus, the priority of judging will be on the photograph.
Place the entry tag (fair ticket) on the top left or top right of the frame.
- 4. Photo Enlargement: Animal
- 5. Photo Enlargement: Child under 12
- 6. Photo Enlargement: Family
- 7. Photo Enlargement: Work
- 8. Photo Enlargement: Water
- 9. Photo Enlargement: Close Up, Any Subject
- 10. Photo Enlargement: Black and White
- 11. Photo Enlargement: Abstract, Natural (No computer manipulation)
- 12. Photo Enlargement: Abstract, Computer manipulated (original photograph included, 4 x 6, attached to the back of the frame).
- 13. Photo Enlargement: Any Subject, Computer Manipulated (original Photograph included, 4 x 6, attached to the back of the frame.
- 14. Photo Enlargement: Landscape of Grenville County
- 15. Photo Enlargement: Any Subject
Class 81 [Alternative Art] Sections:
Art work must be appropriately prepared for display and able to stand on our display shelves. Place the entry tag (fair ticket) on the top left or top right of the item.
- 1. Zentangle
- 2. Mandala
- 3. Origami
- 4. Collage: maximum size 20 X 30 inches
- 5. Illustration for comic book or graphic novel. No copyrighted superheroes or characters other than your own.
- 6. Single page of Adult Colouring Book Art.
Attention All Exhibitors!
Deadline for Entries September 2nd, 2017
$1.00 late entry fee per item applicable after deadline | Late entry fees for livestock noted in the livestock section
All prize money doubled for 2015, 2016 & 2017
Download Entry Forms
2017 Cattle, Sheep & Goats Entry Form
2017 Home Craft Entry Form
2017 Poultry & Small Animal Entry Form
2017 Horse Entry Form
MANDATORY PROOF OF 2017 NEGATIVE COGGINS TEST IS REQUIRED WITH EACH AND EVERY HORSE ENTRY
For more info contact: email@example.com