Class 82 to 86
Committee: Sharon Baker, Marie-Anne Prefontaine
Information for Exhibitors:
- Please see General Rules and Regulations.
- All Exhibitors are required to register under their own name not the name of their business or farm. Such entries will be disqualified for judging.
- Items to exhibit must be brought in between 6 pm & 9 pm Wednesday night September 6th or Thursday morning September 7th between 8am and 10am.
- Sunday: Exhibit hall closes in afternoon to prepare for pickup of exhibits.
- No exhibits to be removed from exhibit building before 4:30 pm Sunday.
- Entry fee 20% off prize money.
- All entries to be grown by exhibitor.
- No purple loosestrife will be accepted in arrangements.
- One entry per person per section.
- All entries to be considered fresh flowers unless specified otherwise.
- Arrangements should be table top size
All prize money in EACH SECTION of this CLASS will be DOUBLED thanks to the generosity of an Anonymous Donor.
Prizes: Classes 82 and 83: 1st: $4; 2nd: $3; 3rd: $2
Prizes: Classes 84 to 86: 1st: $8; 2nd: $6; 3rd: $5
Prizes: Classes 86 section 1,8,9: 1st: $6; 2nd: $4; 3rd: $3
Best Cut Flower: Rosette
Best Houseplant: Rosette
Best Arrangement: Rosette
Highest Points: Rosette
Class 82 Sections:
To be judged on quality of bloom, stem and limited amount of OWN foliage (no buds)
- 1. Asters: four blooms, any variety, mixed colours
- 2. Calendula: five blooms
- 3. Cleome: one head
- 4. Coleus Foliage: one stem
- 5. Cosmos Double: five blooms, buds permitted
- 6. Cosmos Standard: five blooms, any colour, buds permitted
- 7. Dahlia under 5”: three blooms, any colour
- 8. Dahlia Cactus Type: three blooms, any colour
- 9. Dahlia Large: one bloom over 5”
- 10. Flowering Cabbage or Kale in suitable container
- 11. Gladioli: one spike, any colour, can use floral foam and own container
- 12. Gladioli: three spikes, three different colours, can use floral foam and own container
- 13. Hosta Leaf, under 8” in width; all the same variety, three Stems (no flowers)
- 14. Hosta Leaf, over 8” in width; all the same variety, three stems (no flowers)
- 15. Hydrangea: one head any colour
- 16. Lavatera: three sprays, any colour, buds permitted
- 17. Marigold under 2”, five blooms
- 18. Marigold over 2”, three blooms
- 19. Nasturtium: five blooms
- 20. Pansy Mini: five bloom
- 21. Perennial Aster: three sprays
- 22. Petunia Double: five blooms any colour
- 23. Petunia Single: five blooms, any colour
- 24. Phlox Perennial: three stems, any colour
- 25. Rudbeckia (Daisy): three stems, any colour
- 26. Sedum: one head any colour
- 27. Sunflower: one stem, one flower under 8” in diameter
- 28. Zinnias: three blooms
- 29. Zinnias Pom-Pom: five blooms
Class 83 Sections:
Potted plants must be free of debris, disease and pests and be suitable for table display. Rim of pot/container not more that 10 inches in diameter
- 1. African Violet: single flower
- 2. African Violet: semi - double flower, any color
- 3. Begonia Tuberous: one plant rooted, in bloom
- 4. Cactus: single, rooted
- 5. Coleus established in pot
- 6. Geranium: any colour, in bloom
- 7. Houseplant noted for foliage (not flower, not ivy, named). Please supply name of plant.
- 8. Ivy: established in pot
- 9. Orchid
- 10. Succulent (has leaves, no spines)
- 11. Any Flowering Houseplant in bloom not mentioned above (please provide plant name
- 12. " Fairy Garden" - 20 inches maximum. All live plants, accessories acceptable.
Class 84 Sections:
Make an arrangement using only the following flowers: twelve blooms maximum, any colour and foliage
- 1. Collection of Herbs in water: five to seven plants, named.
- 2. Zinnas: in country style container
- 3. Pansies: displayed in any container allowing 360 degrees view
- 4. Pansies: doubles/singles in suitable container
- 5. Steeped in tradition: Rudebeckia displayed in teapot
Class 85 Sections:
Make an arrangement using any flower and any foliage. Accessories acceptable. Please note any exception below.
- 1. Valentines arrangement in suitable container. Must contain touch of red either by flowers or accessories.
- 2. Fall Brides bouquet using mainly autumn colours. Display in a vase
- 3. Teeny Weeney : in unusual container not to exceed 3 inches including container
- 4. Here comes the Bride: small arrangement in mason jars for table centrepiece
- 5. Christmas table decorations: using greens, flowers, any style
- 6. Modern Floral arrangement: any number of flowers and greenery
- 7. Orental Fair: Max 3 flowers arranges (Lkebama style) plus suitable accent materials
- 8. Collection of taller annuals: over 12', 3 flower varieties, 2 spikes, sprays or stems of each. Annual bulbs ed. dahila or glads may be used.
Class 86 Sections:
- 1. A Rose is a Rose: single rose in a suitable container
- 2. Arrangement for a Man: - any flower or weed - accessories acceptable
- 3. Dried arrangement: grasses, weeds, flowers, seeds, foliage etc.
- 4. Mini Complete: a miniature arrangement of tiny flowers - not over 4" in any direction
- 5. " In a Hurry": - No Time To Fuss - Put it Together Fast - Anything Goes
- 6. Arrangement in any one color, all shades. Any flower or combination of flowers
- 7. Simplicity: one fresh flower (other than a rose)
- 8. Beauty on a Budget: one begonia flower floating on water
- 9. Wine and Roses: a single rose floating in a wine glass.
Attention All Exhibitors!
Deadline for Entries September 1st, 2018
$1.00 late entry fee per item applicable after deadline | Late entry fees for livestock noted in the livestock section
All prize money doubled indefinitely!!
Download Entry Forms
2018 Cattle, Sheep & Goats Entry Form
2018 Home Craft Entry Form
2018 Poultry & Small Animal Entry Form
2018 Horse Entry Form
MANDATORY PROOF OF 2018 NEGATIVE COGGINS TEST IS REQUIRED WITH EACH AND EVERY HORSE ENTRY
For more info contact: firstname.lastname@example.org