Dairy Cattle Jersey Show
Saturday September 9th, 2017 at 12:00 pm
Committee: Bryan Cook and Chris McIntyre
Information for Exhibitors:
- Please see General Rules and Regulations page 6 & 7
- All changes are listed in bold print.
- All entries must be in the hands of the Fair Secretary by Saturday, September 1, 2018.
- PASSES WILL NOT BE MAILED, CHECK THE RULES AND REGULATIONS.
- Forms to be mailed to address and/or fax number on the entry forms.
- Please note a complete address is necessary to receive your prize money as well as all information for each animal is to be completed to qualify for an award such as Highest BCA. Please bring Production Certificate.
- Please put the class, registration number and birth date of each animal on each entry.
- Under no circumstances should an animal exhibiting signs of transmittable disease be taken to the Spencerville Fair. The show committee and other Fair officials have the right to refuse entry of any animal showing signs of an infectious skin disease (eg., warts, ringworm). If a vet check is required, it will be at the expense of the exhibitor.
- Entry fee 20% off all prize money.
- Cattle will be tied in Drummond barns, where there is No Smoking.
- Milking facilities will be available, bring your own pail.
- Breeder’s herd will remain at four animals.
- Each exhibitor is allowed 15 animals, including 4-H calves (the ten top-placed animals will count for Breeder and Exhibitor points).
- Each exhibitor is allowed a maximum of two substitutions.
- An animal in joint ownership is eligible to show at only one official county show of the owner’s choice in Ontario in the calendar year (exception: a county club, in whole or in part, invited to another official county show). Animals may be exempt from this rule upon a sale, providing the new owner is neither wholly or partially part of the previous ownership.
- Animals will be allowed to show on a signed transfer.
All prize money in EACH SECTION of this CLASS will be DOUBLED thanks to the generosity of an Anonymous Donor.
Prizes: 1st: $65; 2nd: $60; 3rd: $50; 4th: $40
Rosettes for Grand Champion, Champion and Reserve for both Senior and Junior
- 1. Novice: female junior calf born 2018 shown by a girl or boy younger than 10 years as of December 31 2017 from Leeds, Dundas or Grenville counties, with each entry showing their own calf. (4-H calves are not eligible)
- 2. Junior Calf: March 1 to May 31, 2018
- 3. Inter mediate Calf: December 1 2016 to February 28, 2018.
- 4. Senior Calf: September 1 to November 30 2017
- 5. Summer Yearling: June 1 to August 31 2017
- 6. Junior Yearling: March 1 to May 31 20167
- 7. Senior Yearling: September 1 2016 to February 28 2017. Milking Yearling shown with two-year old.
- 8. Junior Group of Three Animals. All three animals must be bred by the exhibitor and at least two owned. All calves must be shown in their class.
- 9. Female Two-Year Old: born September 1 2015 to August 31 2016
- 10. Female Three-Year Old: born September 1 2014 to August 31 2015
- 11. Female Four-Year Old: born September 1 2013 to August 31 2014
- 12. Female Five- Year Old: born September 1 2012 to August 31 2013
- 13. Mature Cow: born prior to September 1 2012
- 14. Best Udder: judge shall designate the best two udders in sections 9 to 13. These designated exhibits shall compete for first and second best udders in the show. Prize money paid for those two only.
- 15. Breeder’s Herd (group of four animals): limited to one exhibit per exhibitor. Exhibitor must have bred all four animals and own at least three. 4-H calves are not eligible. Each animal in the group must have been exhibited in one of the sections for single animals. The registration certificate for each respective animal must show the exhibitor as “breeder” and as “owner” in both cases either as an individual or in partnership.In other words, the exhibitor may be a “joint owner” of an animal or the “joint breeder” of an animal. All animals must be from one farm or breeding unit.
Milking system supplied by Dundas Agri Systems.
Attention All Exhibitors!
Deadline for Entries September 1st, 2018
$1.00 late entry fee per item applicable after deadline | Late entry fees for livestock noted in the livestock section
All prize money doubled indefinitely!!
Download Entry Forms
2018 Cattle, Sheep & Goats Entry Form
2018 Home Craft Entry Form
2018 Poultry & Small Animal Entry Form
2018 Horse Entry Form
MANDATORY PROOF OF 2018 NEGATIVE COGGINS TEST IS REQUIRED WITH EACH AND EVERY HORSE ENTRY
For more info contact: firstname.lastname@example.org