Dairy Cattle Jersey Show
Saturday September 9th, 2017 at 12:00 pm
Committee: Bryan Cook and Chris McIntyre
Information for Exhibitors:
- lease see General Rules and Regulations page 6 & 7.
- All changes are listed in bold print.
- All entries must be in the hands of the Fair Secretary by Saturday, September 2nd, 2017.
- ONE ENTRY FOR ONE TO FOUR ANIMALS: ONE ENTRY FOR EACH ADDITIONAL FOUR ANIMALS.
- Forms to be mailed to address and/or fax number on the entry forms.
- Please note a complete address is necessary to receive your prize money as well as all information for each animal is to be completed to qualify for an awardsuch as Highest BCA. Please bring Production Certificate.
- Please put the class, registration number and birth date of each animal on each entry.
- Entry fee 20% off all prize money.
- Prize money is only paid out to the 4th place.
- Cattle will be tied in Drummond barns, where there is No Smoking.
- Milking facilities will be available, bring your own pail.
- Breeder’s herd will remain at four animals.
- Each exhibitor is allowed 15 animals, including 4-H calves (the ten top-placed animals will count for Breeder and Exhibitor points).
- Each exhibitor is allowed a maximum of two substitutions.
- An animal in joint ownership is eligible to show at only one official county show of the owner’s choice in Ontario in the calendar year (exception: a county club, in whole or in part, invited to another official county show). Animals may be exempt from this rule upon a sale, providing the new owner is neither wholly or partially part of the previous ownership.
- Animals will be allowed to show on a signed transfer.
All prize money in EACH SECTION of this CLASS will be DOUBLED for the years 2015, 2016 and 2017 due to the generosity of an Anonymous Donor. Prize money may or may not decrease in 2018.
Prizes: 1st: $65; 2nd: $60; 3rd: $50; 4th: $40
Rosettes for Grand Champion, Champion and Reserve for both Senior and Junior
- 1. Novice: female junior calf born 2017 shown by a girl or boy younger than 10 years as of December 31 2016 from Leeds, Dundas or Grenville counties, with each entry showing their own calf. (4-H calves are not eligible)
- 2. Junior Calf: March 1 to May 31, 2017
- 3. Intermediate Calf: December 1 2016 to February 28, 2017.
- 4. Senior Calf: September 1 to November 30 2016
- 5. Summer Yearling: June 1 to August 31 2016
- 6. Junior Yearling: March 1 to May 31 2016
- 7. Senior Yearling: September 1 2015 to February 28 2016. Milking Yearling shown with two-year old.
- 8. Junior Group of Three Animals. All three animals must be bred by the exhibitor and at least two owned. All calves must be shown in their class.
- 9. Female Two-Year Old: born September 1 2014 to August 31 2015
- 10. Female Three-Year Old: born September 1 2013 to August 31 2014
- 11. Female Four-Year Old: born September 1 2012 to August 31 2013
- 12. Female Five- Year Old: born September 1 2011 to August 31 2012
- 13. Mature Cow: born prior to September 1 2011
- 14. Best Udder: judge shall designate the best two udders in sections 9 to 13. These designated exhibits shall compete for first, second and third best udders in the show. Prize money paid for those three only.
- 15. Breeder's Herd (group of four animals): limited to one exhibit per exhibitor. Exhibitor must have bred all four animals and own at least three. 4-H calves are not eligible. Each animal in the group must have been exhibited in one of the sections for single animals. The registration certificate for each respective animal must show the exhibitor as "breeder" and as "owner" in both cases either as an individual or in partnership. In other words, the exhibitor may be a "joint owner" of an animal or the "joint breeder" of an animal. All animals must be from one farm or breeding unit.
Milking system supplied by Dundas Agri Systems.
Attention All Exhibitors!
Deadline for Entries September 2nd, 2017
$1.00 late entry fee per item applicable after deadline | Late entry fees for livestock noted in the livestock section
All prize money doubled for 2015, 2016 & 2017
Download Entry Forms
2017 Cattle, Sheep & Goats Entry Form
2017 Home Craft Entry Form
2017 Poultry & Small Animal Entry Form
2017 Horse Entry Form
MANDATORY PROOF OF 2017 NEGATIVE COGGINS TEST IS REQUIRED WITH EACH AND EVERY HORSE ENTRY
For more info contact: firstname.lastname@example.org