Horse Classes and Sections
Committee: Mike and Shelley Stephenson, George Elliott.
Information for Exhibitors:
- Please see General Rules and Regulations pages 6 & 7.
- All Exhibitors required registering under their own name not the name of their business or farm. Such entries will be disqualified for judging.
- Entries MUST be received by Saturday September 3th.
- Submit entries to address and/or fax number on the entry form.
- ALL EXHIBITORS REQUIRED TO PREREGISTER.
- ABSOLUTELY NO LATE ENTRIES ON THE DAY OF THE SHOW.
- AN EXHIBITOR IS THE PERSON SHOWING OR HANDLING AN ANIMAL, NOT NECESSARILY THE OWNER OF SAID ANIMAL.
- ALL EXHIBITORS PAY A $10 EXHIBITOR FEE.
- Entry fee 20% off all prize money.
- Prize money is only paid out to the 4th place.
- TWO ENTRY FOR ONE OF TWO ANIMALS: ONE ENTRY FOR EACH ADDITIONAL ANIMAL, MAXIMUM OF SIX.
- NO EXHIBITOR WILL BE ALLOWED MORE THAN TWO ENTRIES IN ANY CLASS.
- MANDITORY: Proof of 2016 negative coggins test is to be submitted with entry form.
- Exhibitors when submitting their entry forms are required to forward proof of mandatory 2016 negative coggins and proof of ONE Millon (PREFORABLY 2 MILLION) dollar liability insurance for the current year for all animals being shown at the fair.
- Entries will not be processed and passes will not be mailed until this information is received.
- Exhibitor Passes: Passes are issued according to the number of horses not the exhibitor.
- Light Horses: two passes for one or two animals; one pass for each additional one animal up to maximum of six passes.
- Heavy Horses: three passes for one or two animals; one pass for each additional two animals up to maximum of six passes.
Friday Pony and Horse Show
Friday, September 8th, 2017 at 10:30 AM Outside Ring
Chairperson: Shelley Stephenson at 613-658-2054
Information for Exhibitors:
- Open sections are for age 18 and under as of January 1, this year. Other age requirements are noted in sections.
- Sections may be split, if numbers are sufficient or age merits.
- Protective headgear is mandatory for all game classes.
- Section 4 can not go into jog or canter sections, unless otherwise stated. See each section for changes in bold print.
- Section 5 can not go into canter sections, unless otherwise stated. See each section for changes in bold print.
All prize money in EACH SECTION of this CLASS will be DOUBLED for the years 2015, 2016 and 2017 due to the generosity of an Anonymous Donor. Prize money may or may not decrease in 2018.
Prizes Sections: 1 - 1st: $15
Prizes Sections: 2-3: 5-19: 1st: $15; 2nd: $12; 3rd: $10; 4th: $8
Prize Section 4: All exhibitors receive a ribbon and a small gift.
Trophies for High Point Performance, Reserve High Point Performance, High Point Games and Reserve High Point Games Donated by Cindy McIlvenna
- 1. Best Costume: - Open – age 18 years and under as of January 1, this year. (Judged for best overall Costume)
- 2. Junior Showmanship: age 12 and under, (Judged on turnout and showing of horse and handler; cleanliness and manners to count)
- 3. Senior Showmanship: age 13 to 18, (Judged on turnout and showing of horse and handler; cleanliness and manners to count)
- 4. Lead Line (at walk only): age 8 years and under, (Judged on suitability of pony and equipment to rider). Exhibitors in this class may enter classes 12 and 16 only with handler allowed but no contact with horse.
- 5. Walk and Jog: age 10 and under. Walk, jog or trot and backup only. Exhibitors in this class may not enter a lope or canter of games class. (Judged on disposition and willingness as well as turnout of horse and rider). Exhibitors in this class may enter classes 11, 12 and 16 only.
- 6. Equitation: (English) – Open – Rider only is judged at the walk, trot, canter and rein back.
- 7. Pleasure Horse or Pony under Saddle: (English) – Open – Walk, trot, canter and rein back; may be asked to hand gallop. (Judged on gaits, disposition and turnout of horse and rider).
- 8. Command Class: – Open – Exhibitors must follow Judge’s instructions or be eliminated.
- 9. Equitation: (Western) – Open – Rider only is judged at the walk, trot, canter and rein back.
- 10. Western Pleasure Pony or Horse under Saddle: - Open – Walk, jog, lope and rein back; may be asked to extend lope. (Judged on gaits, disposition and turnout of horse and rider)
- 11. Egg and Spoon: - Open – Timed Event. Rider must carry an egg on a spoon while riding around a barrel and back without dropping or touching the egg. Exhibitors from sections 4 and 5 may enter this class. (handler allowed but must not have contact with the horse).
- 12. Novice Barrel Race – 10 and Under- Walk/Jog- open to exhibitors that have entered Section 5.
- 13. Barrel Race: age 12 and under – Timed Event. Exhibitors race around a cloverleaf pattern, circling each barrel; knocking over a barrel is a five second penalty.
- 14. Barrel Race: age 13 – 18 – Timed Event. Exhibitors race around a cloverleaf pattern, circling each barrel; knocking over a barrel is a five second penalty.
- 15. Key Hole Race: - Open – Timed Event. Exhibitors race to a four barrel pattern, enter, turn and exit it and back to the finish line; knocking over a barrel is a five second penalty.
- 16. Apple Bobbing: - Open – Timed Event. Exhibitors must ride to a tub of water and retrieve an apple with their mouth no hands. Then lead their horse to the finish line carrying the apple in their mouth. Exhibitors from sections 4 and 5 may enter this class. (handler allowed but must not have contact with horse.
- 17. Musical Mats: 12 and Under – Elimination (one mat less than the horses) contestants circle the ring, riding to music. As the music stops contestants stop, dismount and race for a mat. Entrants in this class must be able to control horse without assistance.
- 18. Musical Mats: 13 and Over – Elimination (one mat less than the horses) contestants circle the ring, riding to music. As the music stops contestants stop, dismount and race for a mat. Entrants in this class must be able to control horse without assistance.
- 19. Sit-a-Buck: - Open – Elimination (saddles not to be used). Exhibitors hold a disk resembling a large coin under their leg and ride to the Judge’s calls. As the disks fall the rider is eliminated.
Attention All Exhibitors!
Deadline for Entries September 2nd, 2017
$1.00 late entry fee per item applicable after deadline | Late entry fees for livestock noted in the livestock section
All prize money doubled for 2015, 2016 & 2017
Download Entry Forms
2017 Cattle, Sheep & Goats Entry Form
2017 Home Craft Entry Form
2017 Poultry & Small Animal Entry Form
2017 Horse Entry Form
MANDATORY PROOF OF 2017 NEGATIVE COGGINS TEST IS REQUIRED WITH EACH AND EVERY HORSE ENTRY
For more info contact: email@example.com