Horse Classes and Sections
Committee: Mike and Shelley Stephenson.
Information for Exhibitors:
- Please see General Rules and Regulations pages 6 & 7.
- All Exhibitors required registering under their own name not the name of their business or farm. Such entries will be disqualified for judging.
- Entries MUST be received by Saturday September 1st, 2018.
- Submit entries to address and/or fax number on the entry form.
- ALL EXHIBITORS REQUIRED TO PREREGISTER.
- ABSOLUTELY NO LATE ENTRIES ON THE DAY OF THE SHOW.
- AN EXHIBITOR IS THE PERSON SHOWING OR HANDLING AN ANIMAL, NOT NECESSARILY THE OWNER OF SAID ANIMAL.
- ALL EXHIBITORS PAY A $10 EXHIBITOR FEE.
- Entry fee 20% off all prize money.
- Prize money is only paid out to the 4th place.
- THREE ENTRIES FOR ONE OR TWO ANIMALS: ONE ENTRY FOR EACH ADDITIONAL TWO ANIMAL, MAXIMUM OF SIX.
- NO EXHIBITOR WILL BE ALLOWED MORE THAN TWO ENTRIES IN ANY CLASS.
- MANDITORY: Proof of 2018 negative coggins test is to be submitted with entry form.
- Exhibitors when submitting their entry forms are required to forward proof of mandatory 2018 negative coggins and proof of their 2 MILLION dollar liability insurance for the current year for all animals being shown at the fair.
- Entries will not be processed and passes will not be mailed until this information is received.
- Exhibitor Passes: Passes are issued according to the number of horses not the exhibitor.
- Light Horses: Admission to one admission for each additional two animals up to maximum of six admissions.
- Heavy Horses: Admissionto one admission for each additional one animal up to maximum of six admissions.
All prize money in EACH SECTION of this CLASS will be DOUBLED due to the generosity of an Anonymous Donor.
Heavy and Light Horse Entry Fees:
- An Exhibitor is the person showing or handling an animal, not necessarily the owner of said animal
- All Exhibitors pay a $10 Exhibitor fee
- Absolutely no late entries on the day of the show
- ill not be mailed, check the Rules and Regulations
- Entry fee 20% of all prize money
- Maximum of two (2) entries per exhibit per class
- Information for Exhibitors:
- Exhibitors are responsible for their own errors and those of their agents in preparation of entry forms.
- Exhibitors must provide proof of liability insurance of at least TWOmillion dollars with their entries (name of company, amount of insurance and expiry date of insurance).
- Any person who attempts to interfere with the judges while in the discharge of their duties or who at any time on the premises of the Society use any contemptuous or abusive language to any judge in consequence of any award made by the judge shall forfeit the right to any premium to which the person might otherwise be entitled and may be excluded from exhibiting for one year thereafter.
- Judges are particularly requested to immediately report any such breach of this rule.
- Exhibitors must show when class is called and any horse showing for a society prize can only show in the same class for specials. Combined ownership is permitted.
Attention All Exhibitors!
Deadline for Entries September 1st, 2018
$1.00 late entry fee per item applicable after deadline | Late entry fees for livestock noted in the livestock section
All prize money doubled indefinitely!!
Download Entry Forms
2018 Cattle, Sheep & Goats Entry Form
2018 Home Craft Entry Form
2018 Poultry & Small Animal Entry Form
2018 Horse Entry Form
MANDATORY PROOF OF 2018 NEGATIVE COGGINS TEST IS REQUIRED WITH EACH AND EVERY HORSE ENTRY
For more info contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Open to Registered
Belgians, Percherons and Clydesdales
Heavy Horse Division all hitch classes will have the top four exhibitors placed by the judge.
All hitch classes must have an assistant except cart classes.
Heavy Horse Sections:
- 1. Light Draft Mare or Gelding on line.
- 2. Light Draft Team hitched to suitable wagon.
- 3. Heavy Draft Mare or Gelding on line.
- 4. Heavy Draft Team hitched to suitable wagon.
- 5. Heavy Horse Cart Class: Open.
- 6. Heavy Draft Unicorn Hitch.
- 7. Best Heavy Horse Four-Horse Hitch.
- 8. Heavy Horse Cart Class: Heritage Dress.
- 9. Six Horse Hitch.
- 10. Best Lady Driver Heavy Team – Lady drivers may be asked to back up and fan team 180 degrees.
- 11. Heavy Horse Tandem Hitch shown to wagon or cart.
- 12. Ladies Cart Class
Junior Exhibitor Division Sections:
- 13. Junior Driving Competition hitched to wagon: open to boys or girls 18 years of age and under as of January 1st this year.
- 14. Junior Showmanship: 18 years of age and under as of January 1st this year, is judged on, 50% performance of show-person and horse (leading, setting up the horse, training, behavior) and 50% on overall appearance of the handler and horse (grooming of horse and attire of the showperson).
- 15. Junior Driver Cart Class: open to boys or girls 18 years of age and under as of January 1st this year.