Horse Classes and Sections
Committee: Mike and Shelley Stephenson.
Information for Exhibitors:
- Please see General Rules and Regulations pages 6 & 7.
- All Exhibitors required registering under their own name not the name of their business or farm. Such entries will be disqualified for judging.
- Entries MUST be received by September 1st, 2018.
- Submit entries to address and/or fax number on the entry form.
- ALL EXHIBITORS REQUIRED TO PREREGISTER.
- ABSOLUTELY NO LATE ENTRIES ON THE DAY OF THE SHOW.
- AN EXHIBITOR IS THE PERSON SHOWING OR HANDLING AN ANIMAL, NOT NECESSARILY THE OWNER OF SAID ANIMAL.
- ALL EXHIBITORS PAY A $10 EXHIBITOR FEE.
- Entry fee 20% off all prize money.
- Prize money is only paid out to the 4th place.
- TWO ENTRY FOR ONE OF TWO ANIMALS: ONE ENTRY FOR EACH ADDITIONAL ANIMAL, MAXIMUM OF SIX.
- NO EXHIBITOR WILL BE ALLOWED MORE THAN TWO ENTRIES IN ANY CLASS.
- MANDITORY: Proof of 2018 negative coggins test is to be submitted with entry form.
- Exhibitors when submitting their entry forms are required to forward proof of mandatory 2018 negative coggins and proof of their 2 MILLION dollar liability insurance for the current year for all animals being shown at the fair.
- Entries will not be processed and passes will not be mailed until this information is received.
- Exhibitor Passes: Passes are issued according to the number of horses not the exhibitor.
- Light Horses: One admission for each additional two animals up to maximum of six admissions.
- Heavy Horses: One admission for each additional one animal up to maximum of six admissions.
All prize money in EACH SECTION of this CLASS will be DOUBLED due to the generosity of an Anonymous Donor.
Heavy and Light Horse Entry Fees:
- An Exhibitor is the person showing or handling an animal, not necessarily the owner of said animal
- All Exhibitors pay a $10 Exhibitor fee
- Absolutely no late entries on the day of the show
- ill not be mailed, check the Rules and Regulations
- Entry fee 20% of all prize money
- Maximum of two (2) entries per exhibit per class
- Information for Exhibitors:
- Exhibitors are responsible for their own errors and those of their agents in preparation of entry forms.
- Exhibitors must provide proof of liability insurance of at least TWOmillion dollars with their entries (name of company, amount of insurance and expiry date of insurance).
- Any person who attempts to interfere with the judges while in the discharge of their duties or who at any time on the premises of the Society use any contemptuous or abusive language to any judge in consequence of any award made by the judge shall forfeit the right to any premium to which the person might otherwise be entitled and may be excluded from exhibiting for one year thereafter.
- Judges are particularly requested to immediately report any such breach of this rule.
- Exhibitors must show when class is called and any horse showing for a society prize can only show in the same class for specials. Combined ownership is permitted.
Animals shown in any of these Divisions are not eligible in any other Division unless Division is stated as an Open Division or Special Division.
Children's Pony Division Sections:
- 16. Child’s Parade Horse or Pony: riden by child under 18 years of age as of January 1st this year.
- 17. Child’s Parade Horse or Pony Stake: riden by child under 18 years of age as of January 1st this year.
Hackney Pony Division Sections:
- 18. Single Hackney Pony. Judged on performance, quality and manners.
- 19. Single Hackney Pony Stake.
Fine Harness Show Pony Division Sections: (50 inches and under)
- 20. Single Fine Harness Show Pony.
- 21. Single Fine Harness Show Pony Stake.
Harness Show Pony Division Sections: (46 inches and under)
- 22. Harness Show Pony
- 23. Harness Show Pony Stake
Hackney Pleasure Pony Division Sections:
- 24. Hackney Pleasure Horse or Pony shown to suitable vehicle (martingale optional): ponies can have a long or short natural tail and an un-braided mane but must stand quietly and back readily. Judged on manners, quality and performance.
- 25. Hackney Pleasure Horse or Pony Stake
Roadster Pony Division Sections: (52 inches and under)
- 26. Roadster Pony shown to bike: driver must wear stable colours. Judged on performance, speed, quality and manners
- 27. Roadster Pony shown to bike Stake
Saddlebred Pleasure Horse Division Sections:
- 28. Saddlebred Three-Gaited Pleasure Horse: to be shown with full mane and tail. Judged 75% on manners and performance and 25% on conformation and neatness
- 29. Saddlebred Three-Gaited Pleasure Horse Stake
- 30. Saddlebred Pleasure Driving - shown to two-wheel vehicle at flat walk, pleasure trot and extended trot, stand quietly and back readily (light harness with snaffle bit and separate over check are required, and quarter boots are prohibited). Judged on manners.
- 31. Saddlebred Pleasure Horse Driving Stake
- 32. American Saddlebred Western Pleasure Horse
- 33. American Saddlebred Western Pleasure Horse Stake
Open Western Parade Horse Division Sections:
- 34. Open Western Parade Horse to be shown under Western, Mexican or Silver tack
- 35. Open Western Parade Horse Stake to be shown under Western, Mexican or Silver tack
Arabian?Morgan and Commercial Hose Division Sections:
- 36. English Pleasure - saddle seat attire.
- 37. English Pleasure Stake
- 38. Hunter Pleasure - snaffle bit, hunter attires - no cross entering with English Pleasure
- 39. Hunter Pleasure Stake
- 40. Western Pleasure - must be shown on a curb bit, or snaffle if junior horse.
- 41. Western Pleasure Stake - must be shown on curb bit, or snaffle if junior horse.
Pleasure Horse Division Sections: ( over 14.2 hands)
- 42. Western Pleasure Horse
- 43. Western Pleasure Horse Stake
- 44. Command Class
- 45. English Pleasure Horse
- 46. English Pleasure Horse Stake
- 47. Western Equitation Horse or Pony: rider under 18 years of age
- 48. Westen Showmanship: Judged on the performance of the handler, as well as the cleanliness and grooming of hose, equipment and handler with the behaviour of the hose and also considered part of the handler's responsibility. Must be shown in a western halter and handler in western attire.
- 49. Western Equitation Horse or PonyL Rider is judge at the walk, jog, and lope in both directions and rein back.
- 50. Junior Showmanship: age 18 and under. Judged on turnout and showing of horse and handler. Cleanliness and manners to count.
Special Division Sections:
Cnossen Memorial Challenge Trophy presented on behalf of Hennie Cnossen and Nephew Dar Cnossen in memory of Carmen Cnossen of Prescott to the winning entry of the Antique Vehicle Class
- 51. Antique Vehicle Class: any old vehicle in good condition, clean and polished shown with suitable horse or pony (Driver to be suitably dressed, and animals may, but need not, be shown in other classes). Judged 60% on suitability of animal to vehicle and appointment and 40% on performance and manners.
- 52. Antique Vehicle Class: any old vehicle in good condition, clean and polished shown with suitable horse or pony (Driver to be suitably dressed, and animals may, but need not, be shown in other classes). Judged 60% on suitability of animal to vehicle and appointment and 40% on performance and manners.
- 53. Open Pleasure Driving: Single or pair, horse or pony to a suitable 2 or 4 wheeled vehicle.
- 54. Open pleasure Driving Stake: Single or pair, horse or pony to suitable 2 or 4 wheeled vehicle.
Junior Exhibitor Division Sections:
- 55. Junior Hackney Showmanship Class: exhibitors 18 years of age or under as of January 1, this year. (Exhibitors or members of the exhibitor’s immediate family must be a member of the Canadian Hackney Society)
- 56. Canadian Hackney Society Junior Driver driven by junior exhibitor 18 years or under as of January 1, this year: to be shown to four-wheeled vehicle. (Exhibitors or members of the exhibitor’s immediate family must be a member of the Canadian Hackney Society). Judged 50% on manners, quality, performance and suitability of animal and 50% on driver’s ability.
- 57. Canadian Hackney Society Pleasure Pony: Junior Exhibitor Driver; single registered Hackney pony 14.2 hands and under to be shown at a pleasure trot, road-trot and walk.
- 58. Canadian Hackney Society Junior Exhibitor Roadster Pony: Open to all registered Hackneys (mares or geldings), 13 hands and under, suitable to be exhibited by a junior, of good appearance, conformation, manners and standard colour who travels easily at speed. Roadster Ponies wear long, natural tails. Ponies to be shown in a suitable two-wheeled roaster cart. Drivers to wear stable colours. HELMENTS ARE MANDATORY. Handlers are permitted, but are not to handle the pony. Ponies are to remain checked. To be judged on manners, suitability, performance and confirmation; 50% for the driver's ability and 50% for the suitability of the animal.
Attention All Exhibitors!
Deadline for Entries September 1st, 2018
$1.00 late entry fee per item applicable after deadline | Late entry fees for livestock noted in the livestock section
All prize money doubled indefinitely!!
Download Entry Forms
2018 Cattle, Sheep & Goats Entry Form
2018 Home Craft Entry Form
2018 Poultry & Small Animal Entry Form
2018 Horse Entry Form
MANDATORY PROOF OF 2018 NEGATIVE COGGINS TEST IS REQUIRED WITH EACH AND EVERY HORSE ENTRY
For more info contact: email@example.com