Poultry and Small Animals
Chairperson: Rebecca Lawrence 613-246-3155 or email@example.com
Committee: Joe Lawrence, Sally Sims, Grenville 4-H Poultry Club
Judge: TBA - Judging to be held Thursday September 7th, 2017
Information for Exhibitors:
- Please see General Rules and Regulations
- Mail Entry Form to: Secretary P.O. Box 86 Spencerville Ont. K0E 1X0; Fax to 613 – 658 – 2696; or complete online at www.spencervillefair.ca
- All exhibitors are required to register under their own name and NOT that of their business or farm.
- Entries must be received by Saturday September 2nd
- No late entries excepted
- Please use Livestock Entrance Gate (#1) off Goodin Road and unload at rear of barn
- Animals entered or used for educational purposes must be approved by chairperson
- Poultry barn will be closed during judging and will re-open once all judging is completed
- All animals must be in their pens by 10AM on Thursday September 7th and may be brought in on Wednesday September 6th between 6pm-9pm
- All entries will remain on display until Sunday at 4:30pm
- All entries will remain in their pens at all times – exception to educational animals
- Each exhibitor is allowed two (2) pairs per section (2 males & 2 females)
- Exhibitors enter animals at their own risk
- Animals must be in good health and condition – animals will be removed if they show signs of illness
- All poultry are judged according to APA Standards and all rabbits according to ARBA Standards
- Judges decision is final
- Judge may withhold placings if entry is unworthy
- Entry fee 20% off all prize money
All prize money in EACH SECTION of this CLASS will be DOUBLED for 2017 due to the generosity of an Anonymous Donor.
Prizes: 1st: $5; 2nd: $4; 3rd: $3;
Rosettes for Champion and Reserve in Standard, Bantam, Waterfowl, Pigeon, and Rabbits.
All trophies will be on display during the fair weekend. Trophy winners can pick up trophies Sunday at 4:30pm. Winners can use trophies for the year, however trophies are to be returned to the Chairperson prior to the start of the next annual fair.
- Champion Bantam – Donated by Bev Patterson in memory of Carl Patterson
- Champion Waterfowl – Donated by Sayeau Family in memory of Boyd Sayeau
- Champion Call Duck – Donated by Brent Barkley in memory of Trevor Barkley
- Champion Rabbit – Donated by Heather Dillon
- Champion Pigeon – Donated by Bernie Dillon
- Best Game Bantam – Donated by Rebecca Lawrence in memory of Evan Lawrence
- Best Standard – Donated by Oxford on Rideau Bird Club
- Best in Show “Large Duck Breed” Donated by Richard Brown
- Best White Wyandotte – Donate by the Brown Family in memory of George Brown
Attention All Exhibitors!
Deadline for Entries September 2nd, 2017
$1.00 late entry fee per item applicable after deadline | Late entry fees for livestock noted in the livestock section
All prize money doubled indefinitely!!
Download Entry Forms
2017 Cattle, Sheep & Goats Entry Form
2017 Home Craft Entry Form
2017 Poultry & Small Animal Entry Form
2017 Horse Entry Form
MANDATORY PROOF OF 2017 NEGATIVE COGGINS TEST IS REQUIRED WITH EACH AND EVERY HORSE ENTRY
For more info contact: firstname.lastname@example.org