Dairy Goat Show
Class 51 to 55
Sunday September 10th, 2017 at 11:00 am
Show sanctioned by the Canadian Goat Society
Committee Co-chairs: Ed Cavanagh 613-275-2113, Lynn Carkner 613-283-5479
Committee: Tracy Schaafsma, Sharon Cavanagh and Judy Meyers
Information for Exhibitors:
- Please see General Rules and Regulations page 6 & 7.
- All changes are listed in bold print.
- All entries must be in the hands of the Fair Secretary by Saturday September 2nd, 2017.
- ONE ENTRY FOR ONE TO EIGHT ANIMALS: ONE ENTRY FOR EACH ADDITIONAL EIGHT ANIMALS.
- Entry fee 20% off all prize money.
- Prize money is only paid out to the 4th place.
- Address and/or fax number on the entry forms.
- Ages of animals are to be computed from the date of birth to the first day of September.
- All exhibits must be owned by and registered or recorded in the name of the exhibitor.
- Full Canadians may be shown in these classes.
- There is a limit of 4 animals in a breed per class per exhibitor.
- Animals should be on the grounds by 10:00 am for Vet Check and may not be removed before 4:30 pm.
All prize money in EACH SECTION of this CLASS will be DOUBLED for 2017 due to the generosity of an Anonymous Donor.
Prizes: 1st: $40; 2nd: $30; 3rd: $25; 4th: $20
For full prize money, there must be two exhibitors and twelve animals
Ribbons for classes 51 to 54 and 56
Junior Champion and Reserve Junior Champion
Senior Champion and Reserve Senior Champion
Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion and honorable mention per breed
Alpine: Class 51
Nubian: Class 52
All Other Breeds: Class 54
Recorded Grades: Class 56
- 1. Kid from three months and under nine months
- 2. Kid from nine months and under 24 months, never freshened
- 3. Milking Yearling from 12 months and under 24 months in milk
- 4. Doe from 24 months and under 36 months in milk
- 5. Doe over 36 months in milk
- 6. Breeder's Herd (group of four animals with at least three milking does): bred and owned by the exhibitor
- 7. Best Udder: the judge shall designate the best two udders in each of the milking classes; (prize money for 1st and 2nd only)
Prizes: Section: 1 and 2: 1st: $5; 2nd: $3; 3rd: $2;
Section: 3 Trophy
- 1. Senior Showmanship: ages 12 to 18
- 2. Junior Showmanship: under 12
- 3. Best Doe under 80 lbs
Attention All Exhibitors!
Deadline for Entries September 2nd, 2017
$1.00 late entry fee per item applicable after deadline | Late entry fees for livestock noted in the livestock section
All prize money doubled indefinitely!!
Download Entry Forms
2017 Cattle, Sheep & Goats Entry Form
2017 Home Craft Entry Form
2017 Poultry & Small Animal Entry Form
2017 Horse Entry Form
MANDATORY PROOF OF 2017 NEGATIVE COGGINS TEST IS REQUIRED WITH EACH AND EVERY HORSE ENTRY
For more info contact: firstname.lastname@example.org