General Rules and Regulations
Entries in Exhibit Hall and Livestock Show
1. All entry forms due at the fair office by 4 pm on the Saturday prior to the fair
2. Only entries with Spencerville Agricultural Society Tags will be accepted.
3. Exhibitors wishing to have entry tags returned to them should enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope with their entry form allowing time for return mail delivery
4. All Exhibitors must obtain an Exhibitor’s number from the Secretary
5. All Exhibitors excluding Churches, 4-H and Junior Work pay $10.00 Exhibitor Fee to the Spencerville Agricultural Society for the current year.
6. All Exhibitors to have paid an Exhibitor Fee before exhibiting articles.
7. HST is included in all exhibitor fees and entry fees.
8. Monies to be divided equally in the case of a tie.
9. Any persons who shall interfere with the Judges while in the discharge of their duties, or who shall afterwards, on the premises of the Society, use any contemptuous or abusive language to any Judge in consequence of any award made by him or any person willfully violating any of the rules of this Society, shall forfeit his right to any premiums to which he might otherwise be entitled. Judges are requested to report such to the Secretary.
10. Trophies should be picked up on Saturday at your display area.
11. Prize money to be mailed by the middle of November.
12. Cheques will not be issued for prize money under $2.00.
13. All cheques issued by the Spencerville Agricultural Society must be presented at a bank on or before the end of the current year or the prize money will be forfeited.
14. ON LINE ENTRIES ARE AVAILABLE AT www.spencervillefar.ca
15. Exhibitor Fees for next year will NOT be retained from an Exhibitor’s winnings
16. Entry fees 20% off all prize money with the exception of Junior Work
17. NOTE ALL MAJOR CHANGES WILL BE IN BOLD PRINT
1. All exhibits must be brought in between 6 pm to 9 pm on Wednesday night before the fair opens or Thursday morning 8 am to 10 am.
2. Judging commences Thursday of the fair at 10:00 am sharp.
3. Exhibit building will close Sunday afternoon allowing time for Directors to dismantle and collect exhibits.
4. Exhibit building will reopen at 4:30 pm so Exhibitors can collect their exhibits
5. No exhibits shall be removed until after 4:30 pm Sunday No Exceptions.
6. Unclaimed exhibits will become property of the Fair Board after 6 pm
7. All exhibits must be owned and registered in the name of the Exhibitor and not the name of their business or farm.
8. All produce must be raised by the Exhibitor and be this year’s production.
9. All articles must be the bona fide property of the Exhibitor in whose name they are entered.
10. No Exhibitor will be allowed to compete in any one section for more than one prize
1. All Exhibits must be owned and registered in the name of the exhibitor and not the name of their business or farm unless stated otherwise in the class
2. All animals must be the bona fide property of the member in whose name they are entered.
3. The ownership of animals as well as the ages of all animals must be sworn, if required by any Director.
4. Under no circumstances should an animal exhibiting signs of transmittable disease be taken to the Spencerville Fair. The show committee and other Fair officials have the right to refuse entry of any animal showing signs of an infectious skin disease (eg., warts, ringworm). If a vet check is required, it will be at the expense of the exhibitor.
5.. Exhibitors of livestock must have their own liability insurance of $2,000,000.00. All horses exhibiting and/or in the parade required to submit a negative Coggins Test for the current year.
7. Copy of insurance and negative Coggins to be sent with entry forms in order to exhibit,
8. No animal will be allowed to compete for more than one prize in any class except for a special prize.
9. Animals must not compete in any class except that set apart for them.
10. No exhibitor will be allowed more than two entries in any horse section.
11. No poultry and small animal exhibits shall be removed from the grounds until after 4:30 pm on Sunday. No exceptions.
12. Absolutely no late entries the day of the show.
13. Livestock passes will not be issued prior to the fair.
14. All livestock Exhibitors report to and enter at Livestock Gate # 1. Parking is available.
15. Horses must be on the grounds by 9 am unless otherwise stated.
16. All animals must be secured from running at large on the fairgrounds.
17. Entrance to the event is reflected by the number of livestock present in the trailer/truck
Cattle – one admission for one to four animals; one admission for each additional four animals.
Goats and Sheep -one admission for one to eight animals; one admission for each additional eight animals.
Poultry and Small Animals – one admission for fifteen or more entries.
Light horses – two admissions for one or two animals; one admission for each additional two animals up to maximum of four persons.
Heavy horses – three admissions for one or two animals; one admission each additional one animal up to maximum of six persons